Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Socks

Here is my problem with knitting.  I love to knit.  I love to shop for yarn.  I love to peruse Ravelry and look for patterns to go with my yarn.  I love to cast on (sort of).  The problem?   I don't generally wear scarves or shawls and that's what I've been knitting.

So I decided that I'd take a class and learn how to knit socks.  Whenever I've got jeans or pants on, I've normally got some sort of store bought (*GASP*) funky socks on.

My first attempt was started on April 6th but I ended up missing a class or two when Zoey was sick and when I went to Stitches South.  Hmmm...which basically left me with no knowledge of the important things like turning the heel!  

Here is the finished product:

 
I'm happy with the finished product and think they are very cute!   After purchasing some Lisa Souza sock yarn I really want to get started on another pair BUT I really don't know how to turn the heel!  

What's a girl to do?