Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More adventures in lazy knitting

Ok.  I'm a new knitter (1 year) and sometimes I come up with these theories and they are crap.  Sometimes, I come up with something that ends up working.

Here is another that I'm not sure will work, but I'm going to investigate and get back to you.

I don't mind purling.  My tension is fine and I have no troubles with it, surprisingly since many people hate to purl.  Tomato : Tomato.    Currently, I'm sort of in a hurry to do some Christmas gifts which led me to a cowl.  The pattern consists of 4 rows where 1 and 3 are knitted and 2 and 4 are purled.  (P1, S1)

Here is my query:   Could I just turn my work and K1, S1?

I've called my LYS and it was decided that in theory this might work but they really aren't sure.  So, I figure if it'll save me some time on a Christmas Cowl for my mom, then it is worth a little effort to figure out.  I mean, IN THEORY it should work right?