Thursday, May 17, 2012

Frozen Bourbon and Coke?

One of my all time favorite things is bourbon and coke.  LOVE it.  I don't generally drink it because, well, I don't want to be that girl.  You know the one.  The one who cringes when she puts the trash out because of all the glass clinking.  My trash clinks (they don't do recycling here!) but it is wine bottles which makes me feel only marginally better about myself than a trash can full of bourbon bottles.  Right?

I ran across this restaurant with this photo:



I'll let that sink in a minute until you can wipe up the drool and get back to me.
.
.
.
.
.
So, if you are anything like me, you immediately did this:


Is it worth driving 7 hours?  Ummm....Yes!   However that is a couple tanks of gas, a hotel room and food for an $8 (yes, I'm getting the large...don't judge me!) frozen bourbon and coke.   We are currently in budget mode so this is going to take some convincing (of myself) on my part.

My birthday is this summer!    I could use my birthday as an excuse to go and spend all that money.   OR (light bulb moment) I could make my own!   I immediately go to Craigslist to see how much a frozen coke machine is or a frozen daiquiri machine is.  About $1500 is the answer.  If I could buy one of those I could make them all the time!  

Then I go to amazon because, well, amazon has everything.  (hear the angels singing?)



Needless to say I will report back to let you know how these turn out.