Sunday, August 25, 2013

Feast Day - Lime Pickle and Sriracha Butter OH MY!

Today is a feast day for me, so I ate something that I've been wanting to eat.  Popcorn with butter.  Now, I do generally have a bowl of air popped popcorn (4 tbsp for 160 calories) on fast days, but I popped this batch in OIL and I made a bowl of melted butter so I could dip each individual piece of popcorn.  Divine!

My family says that my taste buds are broken as I can't taste spiciness from sriracha unfortunately.  I have googled this phenomenon and it seems that I have just sort of built up my tolerance.  Unfortunate for me.  Getting back to my popcorn butter...today I added some lime pickle and some sriracha to the butter.



This was FABULOUS!  Alas, I still couldn't taste the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment