Monday, January 24, 2011

Griping

I need to complain a little. It irritates me to no end when I read patterns and people say "quick knit". For whom is that a quick knit? By saying "quick knit" you are basically telling me that I suck as a knitter because that project was not a quick knit for me. Maybe change the phrasing or ad a cavate to say "quick knit - if you know what you are doing". What is a quick knit anyway? A day? A week? A month? Is it quick if it is ready in the season in which you are making it? WAY too arbitrary for me.

I was also the girl in school who preferred to fail a test with a green corrective pen rather than red. Red was like telling me that not only was I an idiot for failing, but the teacher hated me as well. Green, was sort of a lighter failure but the teacher still liked me and knew I could do better.

Just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment