Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Half the Calories

I love love love ruffles and have many projects queued on Ravelry that have ruffled edges. Problem is...I am daunted by casting on several hundred stitches and keeping track of decreases etc. Have I mentioned lately that I have two children and a husband? LOL Projects that I can memorize are easiest for me to accomplish. It isn't that I can't do the one ruffle scarves like this one: Just Enough Ruffles it is that I don't have the time to sit and keep track!

Trying to think outside the box I realize that the beloved Potato Chip Scarf would be great one sided. It is an easy repeat pattern except that I don't like the way it sits on the back of my neck all bunched up. What's a girl to do I ask again! Well...How about if we only did one side of the ruffle?

Here is the instructions:

CO 20 stitches

Knit 4, turn work and knit 4 back

Knit 6, turn work and knit 6 back

Knit 8, turn work and knit 8 back

Knit 20

Knit 20

Repeat pattern until desired length.

Taaaa Daaaaaa





I'll post more pics as I go along so you can see. I also plan to do this in another yarn since this one is obviously for Mardi Gras and isn't something I'd wear any time other than Mardi Gras.

No comments:

Post a Comment