Friday, January 28, 2011

Lace!

Finally! I'm taking a lace class this month and I hope that it teaches me to make my nemesis the La Novia scarf. I really want to use that Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend that I have. So hopefully 4 classes will help me in my ability to make the La Novia.

We are making a scarf out of a pattern that is for a shawl. I'm not overly excited about the pattern but I am keen to learn lace, so I guess it's a trade off. The yarn we are being required to use is either Firefly or Linarte.

Originally I thought I'd go with the Firefly but many people on Ravelry have said that they don't particularly like working with the yarn so I'm wary of it now. The Linearte is pretty enough but I like the colors that my LYS has in the Firefly better. Guess I'll flip a coin. I certainly don't want to be fighting with yarn when I'm trying to learn something new. I have to decide by Wednesday so I'll report back.

Manos Del Uruguay Manos Silk Blend Multi Yarn - Wildflowers (# 3113)

No comments:

Post a Comment